Creative And Personalized Dental Implants
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jawbone to hold a replacement tooth. A dental implant crown is the top portion of your implant that is made of porcelain and resembles your original tooth in shape and color. If you would like to make a very unusual and unique statement with your dental implant, you can have it embellished in a distinct way. Here are some of the ways you can choose to embellish your dental implant that will definitely garner a lot of smiles and attention:
- Gemstone Implants - Faceted gemstones such as diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and opals can be set in a bezel or pavé setting and bonded to the crown of your implant. You can choose a simple solitaire gemstone or a group of gemstones to bond to your implant. These gemstones are low profile so they are very comfortable and are not felt on the inside of the lips or mouth. Gemstone implants look great when applied near the cutting edge of the implant crown and do not interfere with chewing.
- Tattoo Implants - Another really creative look is to have a custom tattooed image on your dental implant crown. You can choose to have the logo of your favorite sports team, or a beautiful drawing of a bird, flower, rainbow, or any other personalized image that you want. These tattoo implants can be made in multiple colors and shapes. You can even have one of your own paintings miniaturized and bonded to the surface of your dental implant crown. Tattoo implants are extremely durable, but can be removed by your dentist when you wish to change it for another image.
- Gold Charm Implants - An implant crown can be decorated with gold charms in intriguing shapes such as a heart, flower, shamrock, butterfly, star, jumping dolphin, the man in the moon, astrological sign, skull, initial, and/or a smiley face in 22-24 karat white or yellow gold. These charms are bonded to the surface of the implant crown and have a low profile. These charms will last for years or can be removed by your dentist and replaced with a different charm when desired.
- Colored Implants - When your prosthodontist creates your implant crown, he can color it to perfectly match your other teeth. He can also color it in many different and creative colors to really make an exclusive, one-of-a-kind statement when you smile. A purple, pink, green, blue, yellow, or orange implant can be quite impressive, especially when paired together with more than one. Colored implants can also be created to look like they are pure opaque or transparent gemstones.
- Gold-Edged Implants - White, yellow, pink, or green gold can be applied to the edges of your implant crown to frame it and make it really stand out from your other teeth. This look has been adopted by some celebrities.
If you love to be on the cutting edge of fashion and surprise people with your unique look, consider having a customized dental implant. With a little forethought, you can choose to have one or more personalized designs on your teeth that will be great conversation starters. With one of these implants, your smile will make everyone else smile too. Talk to a dentist, like http://www.silveradofamilydental.com, for more information.